Kick-off meeting, Darmstadt
The objectives of Computer Aided Technologies for Additive Manufacturing (CAxMan) are to establish Cloud based Toolboxes, Workflows and a One Stop-Shop for CAx-technologies supporting the design, simulation and process planning for Additive Manufacturing.
More specifically the objectives are:
- To establish analysis-based design approaches with the following aims:
- To reduce material usage by 12%, and increase weight savings by introducing internal cavities and voids, whilst maintaining component properties;
- To optimize distribution and grading of material for multi-material Additive Manufacturing processes; and
- To facilitate the manufacture of components which are currently impossible or very difficult to produce by subtractive processes (e.g., cutting and abrasive operations);
- To enhance analysis-based process planning for Additive Manufacturing including thermal and stress aspects, and their interoperability with the design phase;
- To enable the compatibility of additive and subtractive processes in production in order to combine the flexibility of shape in Additive Manufacturing with the surface finish of subtractive processes.